Friday, February 14, 2014
KENYAN/UGANDA CULTURE
I have been staying in uganda for almost two years now. I must admit i have enjoyed every bit of my stay though there were up and downs but that life. The have experinced the culture and the lifestyles. Like Kenya, Uganda has may tribues buh the major tribe is the Buganda. I was carried away by the buganda culture from their tradations, food and lifestly. They have their traditional wear worn by ladies called the Gomesi, i havent aquired one but i will soon. So whenever there is a function for the buganda, from weddings to events they were the gomesi specially the elderly wamen. Men wear the kanzus. I have learnt the Lunganda language and i enjoy speaking it.
Their stapele food is Matoke and damn they know how to prepare it and it takes time. The matoke is commonly taken by G-nut sause which is not prepared in kenya. I also like how they have diffrent helthy food varieties. When you go a restraunt, you get a bit of everything unlike kenya where you just get one type. I will surely miss the food when i leave. I also like their introduction ceremonies specially when the girl asked for anything from the mans side. During the event known as Owanjula, they do it so big you would think it THE wedding yet its just a traditional weeding. They put too much resourses in it. :-)
I never got much exposure to the other cultures but learn a few things about the Banyankole and people from the west.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment